Mark Shuttleworth has just announced on his personal blog that version 12.04 of Ubuntu will be known as Precise Pangolin.
Archive for October 2011
- Ubuntu Mono Set As Terminal Font in Ubuntu 11.10
- Does Microsoft Now Own Android?
- Microsoft — Android is No Longer Free
- Mango available for half of all Windows Phone users
- Microsoft explains reason for Windows 8 Start menu
- Apple pins hopes on new iPhones, but can they slow the Android juggernaut?
- Ubuntu Version 11.10: Days Away Now
- Apple to Samsung: Take your products off the market, period
- Will the Kindle Fire Light a Fire Under Android?
- An Arch Tale
- HTC cooking up fix for security flaw
- Red Hat buys Gluster, eyes unstructured data management
- Android, iOS head to head; BlackBerrys to be hit the hardest
- World’s Thinnest Tablet Surfaces From Toshiba Called Regza AT700
- Official Oneiric T-Shirts Appear in Ubuntu Shop
- Apple turns down Samsung court deal in patent case
- India testing new solution for spying on BlackBerry users
- Help release Debian from the French!
- Android is the new Linux — and that’s not a good thing – Fortune
So, the new iPhone was announced today, if you were living under a rock and didn’t know. I found this comparison over at Engadget. I’m less than impressed with Apple’s latest offering.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 coming to T-Mobile on October 26th, price remains a mystery
- Google’s Schmidt Defends Motorola Purchase Says It Won’t Change Android
- Smart Cities Get Their Own Operating System
- Windows XP usage share falls by record amount
- HTC Android ‘massive security’ flaw leaks private info like a sieve
- Google’s Chrome browser: Coming soon to an Android near you?
- Why Linux Is Good For Low-End Smartphones
- HTC phones major security alert
- Cincinnati Bell Gets HTC Sensation 4G
- Verizon & T-Mobile Letters Allowed In Apple vs Samsung Patent Case
- Google’s Schmidt: Motorola buy won’t ‘screw up’ Android
- Gnome 3.2 More Evolution than Revolution
- BlackBerry PlayBook native SDK opened to devs, time to get rich?
- Evernote Drag & Drop Uploader for Ubuntu’s Unity Launcher
- Linux on Mainframes – an IBM update
- Windows 7 overtakes Windows XP global share
- ‘Humanity toward others’ extended to Windows with Ubuntu One cloud storage
- BerliOS Software Repository Will Close At Year's End
- Mango kills Microsoft’s always-on location tracking, makes good on letter to House of Representatives
- Sony Ericsson lends hand to FreeXperia devs, shows love for CyanogenMod 7.1
- Refresh Roundup: week of September 26, 2011
- MobileTechRoundup show #246; Windows Phone, Samsung, and Apple
- Hot Multi-OS Switching — Why Isn't It Everywhere?
- Dreaming Android app dreams
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Ready To Party
- Add a ‘Force Quit’ Applet to Ubuntu’s Unity Launcher
- The Ubuntu Manual Project Needs Your Help For Oneiric
- Samsung Galaxy S II now available on AT&T for $200
- Guest Post: 7 great Android apps for road trippers
- Apple-Facebook relationship almost ended over HP TouchPad (rumor)
- Nokia developing ‘Meltemi’ OS for feature phones?
- Amazon, RIM tablets look alike–that’s where it ends
- Over a third of Android phones in the U.S. are 4G-enabled
- Nokia Preps Linux OS For Low-End Smartphones
- Samsung delivers top Android devices this week
- Yes, The Kindle Fire Is A Loss Leader
(The Atlantic Wire)
- Mobile Miscellany: week of September 26, 2011
- Do you STILL trust Microsoft to build antivirus support into Windows 8?
- Virgin Mobile Gets First HTC Android With Wildfire S
- Samsung releases 1.5GHz Exynos processor and 16MP CMOS for mobiles, if you’re nice
- Bricked Your Droid Bionic? Never Fear XDA Is Here
- Gingerbread Update For HTC Thunderbolt Halted
- No One Uses 32-bit Anymore… Right?
- HTC Flyer Gets Price Reduction To $299 Starting This Weekend
- Virgin Mobile announces LG Optimus Slider, sneakily postpones data throttling until 2012
- Help Liberate the Debian Administrator's Handbook
- How to Land a Linux Job
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus tablet
- Samsung’s New Category Galaxy Note Clears FCC Headed To AT&T, Excited! YES!
- Samsung Unveils Upgraded Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
- Spreadsheets come to ODF as version 1.2 wins approval
- Microsoft’s ‘Locationgate’ ends with Mango
- Linux programmer Reiser requests new murder trial
- MikeOS 4.2 Released