- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy products
- FVWM 2.6 Released
- Yowza! Apple hits Samsung with lawsuit over iPhone clones
- Apple Sues Samsung for Patent Infringement
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy line: Co-opetition implodes
- Apple Sues Samsung Over Galaxy Phones and Tablets
- T-Mobile G2x hands-on: Vanilla Android with dual-core processor
- Microsoft, i4i patent dispute set to be heard by Supreme Court
- Apple sues Samsung for ‘copying’ smartphones, tablets
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab, and more
- Gingerbread Source Code Released For Samsung’s Galaxy S Devices
- Apple sues Samsung for ‘copying’ the iPhone and iPad
- Sneak peek: 4 hot new games coming soon to Android tablets
- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (UK edition) review
- Apple Sues Samsung Over Galaxy; Are Other Tablet Makers Next?
- iPhone 5 to have 8 megapixel camera and improved antenna, same old design?
- Skype tells Android users to be wary of app downloads. No kidding?
- iOS and Android continue chipping away at mobile gaming market, consoles remain strong
- Viewsonic G Tablet gets firmware update with Flash, USB peripheral support
- In the beginning: Linux circa 1991
Archive for April 2011
- Samsung’s super slender Galaxy Tab 10.1 snacks on some Honeycomb (video)
- Silverlight 5, thy name is ‘Windows’ – Register
- What Android Phones Do that Apple Phones Don’t
- What Would an Amazon Kindle Tablet Look Like?
- Systemd Update: Improved chroot, Boot Time Analysis
- T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Owners Will See Gingerbread This Summer
- Samsung Galaxy S Owners Across The Pond Get Gingerbread
- Jesse Jackson Jr.. At Least He Didn’t Blame Android
- Droid Charge shows its colors in Verizon training docs, Droid Bionic gets killed off?
- HP may bless webOS with cloud-syncing music store
- Why the Amazon Kindle Tablet Will Be Powered by Android
- Skype for Android Security Flaw: What You Need to Know
- Galaxy S Gingerbread update now rolling out across Europe
- Did Steve Jobs really hide iPad development from former Apple Board member Eric Schmidt?
- Reuters: LG, others show interest in MeeGo as Nokia bows out
- VIDEO: Thedroidguy Unboxes The Kyocera Echo On Sprint
- Toshiba’s Honeycomb tablet to be dubbed ANT, start at $450?
- Amazon Updates Appstore Dev Agreement
- Internal comparison pits DROID Charge against ThunderBolt, iPhone 4, other Verizon phones
- Microsoft Silverlight Coming To Android Via Moonlight Dev Crew
- Windows 8 Can Finally Run off an USB Drive
- Virtual Security: Release of the First Beta Qubes OS
- Dear Apple, Keep Your $#!%ing White iPhone 4
- Sprint adds first green smartphone, the Android-based Replenish
- Apple Faces Class-Action Suit For In-App Purchases
- Android: Over 3 billion apps installed; 350,000 device activations per day
- Sprint announces eco-friendly Samsung Replenish Android smartphone
- Windows 8 Portable Workspace Lets You Take It With You
- Samsung Mobile & Sprint Team Up For Samsung Replenish The First Eco Friendly Android Device
- Skype acknowledges Android privacy vulnerability, says it’s ‘working quickly’ on a fix
- Sprint plays the green card, drops $10 data surcharge on Froyo-based Samsung Replenish
- Book Review: Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook
- How to Update Your Android Phone, in Six ‘Easy’ Steps
- Five Tablet Computer Myths, Busted Open
- Android and iOS eroding Nintendo’s portable gaming empire
- Android Tablets Undercutting IPad Prices
- Apple patches Pwn2Own iPhone OS vulnerabilities
- Thedroidguy & The Motorola Xoom Wifi
- Rivals Mock Microsoft's 'Native HTML5' Claims
- Cisco’s Cius Android tablet now orderable, requisite ‘field representative’ still MIA
- Android Needs Its Own Walled Garden
- Cisco Cius Android-powered tablet aims at enterprise
- Skype Reveals Android Security Risk
- Windows Phone trounces iPhone 4, Android in browser benchmark test
- My Xoom makes phone calls, does yours? Thanks to NetTalk it can
- Droid X2 Coming With Dual Core Processor
- RIM’s email-less PlayBook gets tough reviews
- Instructure Canvas LMS: Go open source, get serious investment capital
- Microsoft Demos IE10 on ARM, and It Looks Good – PCWorld
- Apple releases iOS 4.3.2, Verizon iPhones get 4.2.7
- Flash On Android Fails To Impress
- IGDA warns that Amazon could "use a developer's content as a weapon with which to capture marketshare from competing app stores"
- IGDA: Amazon could "use a developer's content as a weapon"
- iOS 4.3.2 arrives, fixes iPad 3G, FaceTime bugs
- Microsoft confirms IE10 won’t run on Vista, millions of IE9 users shrug
- Are Smartphones Killing The Ipod?
- Verizon’s pricing revealed for DROID Incredible 2, DROID Charge, others
- iPad, tablets take a bite out of PC shipments
- iOS 4.3.2 / 4.2.7 now available to download, fixes iPad 3G and FaceTime woes (update: jailbroken!)
- Apple releases iOS 4.3.2 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch; iOS 4.2.7 for Verizon iPhone
- Microsoft’s latest WP7 chassis spec includes second-gen Snapdragon, optional gyroscope
- SCO is dead, SCO Unix lives on
- WebOS 3.0 beta leaked–looks good, interesting – CNET
- Galaxy S II benchmarked, makes other phones cry in shame
- ASUS apologizes for Eee Pad Transformer delay it won’t detail, US launch pegged for end of April
- BlackBerry PlayBook pre-orders start at RadioShack
- Why won’t Internet Explorer 10 run on Windows Vista?
- Already? MS Previews IE 10
- VMware Releases Open Source Cloud Foundry
- Leaked sign confirms Droid Incredible 2 will be a world phone, launch is likely imminent
- New KDE Project Aims at Tablets, Mixed UIs
- Leaked Windows 8 M1 Build 7850 Screenshots
- Motorola Beta Testing Durable Tablet
- Motorola preps rugged Android tablet for enterprise
- The ‘post-PC era’ might be closer than we think
- The Fate of Windows 8: Hate, Great or Late? – Datamation
- Twenty Years of Linux according to Linus Torvalds
- HP’s WebOS tablet: How much developer support is really needed?
- Nexus S 4G Gets Its Pre-Order Page On Best Buy
- Windows Phone browser goes up against iPhone 4 and Android … and wins
- WebOS 3.0 (HP TouchPad) emulator demonstrated on video
- webOS 3.0 Beta 1 emulator leak
- A peek at the Windows Phone 7 “Mango” future — still lagging behind Android and iPhone
- Latest Adobe Flash Security Flaw Is Not Android Specific
- Sprint getting Wi-Fi Motorola XOOM followed by WiMAX variant
- Andi-One universal remote runs Android 2.1, does more than change channels
- Lookout Mobile Security For Android Thwarts Car Jackers
- HTC Sensation: Multimedia powerhouse with Sense 3.0
- iPad 3 won’t have Retina Display, won’t be released this year according to report
- Adobe finds another ‘critical’ flaw in Flash, Steve Jobs smiles smugly
- LG Has Dual Android’s Coming To AT&T On Sunday
- Microsoft debuts IE10 Platform Preview, turns up pressure on Mozilla/Google
- VMware enters platform as a service with open source spin
- Ten (not so) smart tablet accessories
- Amazon tells record labels to back off, Cloud Drive licensing not necessary
- Adobe finds gaping security hole in latest version of Flash Player for PC, Android
- Microsoft releases platform preview of Internet Explorer 10, targets Chrome
- Two Upcoming Tablets Aren’t Powered by Android
- Microsoft pushes out preview build of Internet Explorer 10 (update: Windows on ARM!)
- HTC Sensation versus Incredible S and Desire S… a family scuffle
- HTC Sensation first video hands-on!
- HTC Flyer begins shipping on May 9th across Europe
- The Kno is dead…long live Kno (thanks to $30 million from Intel, et al)
- Why Does Android Have No Killer Apps?
- CyanogenMod 7.0 Released
- iPhone, iPod touch, Android phones to hurt Nintendo 3DS sales
- Gartner: Android To Own 39% Of Tablet Market By 2015
- Microsoft vs. Google war of words: Effective use of time?
- CentOS 5.6: A Free Powerhouse for Web Servers
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 image, details leaked
- Intel Blazing The Oak Trail With Android Enabled Processor
- Intel outs new Atom Z760 processor for tablets
- Want a free Android window decal?
- Will the iOS 4.3.2 update fix the Verizon iPad 2 connectivity issues?
- Why Android tablets with Atom processors are a big deal
- Screenshots of Windows App Store leak: Looks suspiciously like Apple’s
- Apple to begin production of iPhone 5 in September, claims analyst
- Apple’s iPad to remain top tablet in 2015: Gartner
- HP demos Citrix running on Touchpad, tries to make webOS corporation-friendly (video)
- Red Hat’s Future Linux Desktop
- Is the iPad a true post-PC device?
- Windows 8 to feature an integrated App Store – Liliputing
- iOS 4.3.2 Could Fix FaceTime Issues for Verizon iPad Owners
I watched this a couple days ago, and thought to myself, this is exactly why Apple is popular. If you watch the video, it’s an April Fools joke played on a Fox News corespondent where her co-anchor convinces her that there’s a new technology now available that lets a person smell and taste things through the screen of an iPhone or iPad. Not to ruin the joke or anything, but everybody cracks up when she licks the screen.
The sad part of this joke is, this is exactly what Apple has been doing to it’s customers for years. Their customers have been told so many times that their device is magical, or revolutionary, or intuitive that they’ve started believing it. They’re believing it despite evidence to the contrary. Apple isn’t laughing through, they’re just raking in the cash with a smile and a nod.
- Switched On: Pen again
- Why no lines for the Motorola Xoom? Take 2
- Commemorating 20 years of Linux (video)
- Groklaw Calls it a Day, To Close May 16
- Why This Apple Fan Prefers Android
- Motorola, Others Try (and Fail) to Cash in on the ‘Tablet Market’
- HTC Desire S review
- Mission Accomplished: SCO Loses, Groklaw Closes
- E-Noa’s Interpad Android tablet is nowhere to be found
- Are Android (And Other Smart Phones) As Addictive As Crack?
- Battle of the Apps: Tablet Edition
- Gaming tops tablet activity, says Google study
- Survey: Tablets start to give PCs, TVs a headache