- Images of HTC Pyramid leak; Android 2.3, 1.2GHz dual-core
- What Google and Amazon Can Learn from Each Other’s App Stores
- Windows Phone 7 'NoDo' still a no-show on AT&T
- How Amazon has outsmarted the music industry (and Apple)
- AT&T Turns Off 4G on New Motorola and HTC Phones
- HP outs webOS 3.0 beta for developers
- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and Eee Slate EP121 get official UK pricing
- How a Zune tablet could beat Apple and Android
- Sony Xperia Play Games
- HP rolling out webOS 3.0 beta to Early Access developers today
- MS Global Strategy Chief: Tablets Are a Fad
- HTC ThunderBolt review: America’s next top Android phone
- Dell exec predicts iPad’s failure in the enterprise
- Debian 6 Squeeze review – nearly, but not quite…
- Windows 8: Beta collectors waiting with bated breath for a leak
- Windows 8: Beta collectors awaiting with bated breath for a leak
- OSX Lion – WWDC Release?
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc review
- Rumor: Both iOS 5 and iPhone 5 Delayed Until Fall
- The iPad will fail in enterprise environments, Says Dell
- HTC HD7 finally gets NoDo, WP7 users revel in the splendor of copy / paste
- WP7 Predicted To Beat iPhone By 2015
- Android Likely To Lead Smartphone Market This Year
- Amazon’s cloud risks war with labels, studios
- Microsoft shipping Windows 8 to PC builders
- Windows Phone 7 ‘NoDo’ starts to flow for T-Mobile and Orange users
- Today Amazon locked up the Android ecosystem
- Hey Amazon, please bring your video service to Android too
- 5 Features iOS Needs, In Order to Sway Me From Android
- Why the BlackBerry PlayBook Is an Ideal Tablet for Business
- WWDC: What’s NeXT for Apple’s OS?
- Amazon rolls out cloud music player, doesn’t work on iOS devices
- IDC: Windows Phone to overtake iPhone sales by 2015 … What do you think?
- Amazon’s New Cloud Music Player Is Great–But Is It Legal?
(The Atlantic Wire)
- IDC says Windows Phone 7 will beat the iPhone by 2015. Will pigs also fly?
- Android May Get NFC for Secure Mobile Payments
- Report: Siri’s voice tech to come to iOS 5
- Android to lead smartphone market through 2015, says IDC
- Amazon Cloud Drive and Cloud Player: A Hands-On Tour
- HOW TO: Use Amazon Cloud Player With iOS Devices
- Verizon Rejected Motorola’s Gingerbread Rom For Droid X, This May Be Why
- Apple to Attempt New Adjective-Dropping Record at 2011 WWDC
- Slimmed-down Slate for Android great for Gabfests on the go
- Why Mac OS X Is Unsuitable For Web Development
- No iPhone 5 at WWDC this year? That’s how it looks from here
- Rumor: Apple Smart TV prototype in the works
- Linux Foundation Announces Designated Gurus for 2011
- Amazon allows Android application ‘test drives’ via virtual machine
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play review
- HTC ThunderBolt review
- Google furthers Nexus tablet, mobile wallet initiatives
- How an iOS 5 Delay Could Muck up the iPhone 5 Launch
- Apple sets new operating systems for iPhone, Mac
- Nexus Android Honeycomb Tablet Expected from Google
- LG to produce Nexus tablet for Google, suggests rumor
- Atrix 4G’s 4.1.57 update spruces up a few things, patches known root methods
- Google Working on Wave-to-Pay Mobile System for Android [REPORT]
- Top 10 smartphones of 2011 … for now
- LG’s 3D-shooting Optimus Pad nabs March 31st retail date in Japan as T-Mobile fiddles
- Ainol Honeycomb tablet surfaces with Cortex A9 processor, buttons aplenty
- Amazon.com lets you play with an Android virtual machine, try apps before you buy them
- Sonos Controller for Android delayed until April, heartbreak available now
- iPad 2 Glitches Emerge
- iPhone 5 / iOS 5.0 release date: Delay rumors and iPad 3?
- iOS and iPhone 5: What to Expect
- The first great Android Tablet: Nook Color
- HSN confirms Nook Store, Android 2.2, Flash, push e-mail for Nook Color
- Turning Your E-Reader Into a Cheap Tablet
- CTIA 2011 wrap-up: EVO 3D, G2x, skinny new Galaxy Tabs, and more
- HSN ‘previewing’ Nook Color’s app store and Flash capabilities
- So Swappa It!
- Samsung fakes Galaxy Tab beta user testimony in video?
- Frugal Tech Show: iPad 2, Android Tablets, Buying Macs, Ubuntu Natty Narwhal (Podcast)
- Should Google start a sub company called Google Mobile?
- Motorola’s ‘Web OS’ May Taste Like Cappuccino
- Samsung: Do You Want Your IPad Clone in Small, Medium or Large?
- First AirCell Android Smartphone For Planes???
- CTIA 2011: Android Tablet Review
- Galaxy Tab stretches the truth: Promos use actors, not real consumers
- HSN details Nook Color update for ‘mid-April': Android 2.2, Flash, apps and push email
- Apple looking to ‘radically improve’ iOS Maps experience, may look to you for help
- Hands On Demonstration Of The Sony Xperia Arc
- Why the Tablet “Fad” Will Never Die
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- Apple Ditches SAMBA in Favour of Homegrown Replacement
- Charge Anywhere update turns Nexus S into full-on mobile payment terminal
- AT&T says Atrix 4G, Inspire 4G will have HSUPA enabled in April
- A Tale of Two Infographics: Before and After Firefox 4
- Samsung Mesmerize To Receive Froyo
- Rumor: Gingerbread For DROID X Coming Sunday?
- Google: Honeycomb will not be opened up to developers… yet
- Nokia to use Symbian and Windows together for long time
- Benchmark battle: Chrome vs. IE vs. Firefox
- Xen 4.1 Hypervisor Released
- Why Chrome is the world’s most influential browser
- Gameloft To Release Games In Amazon Market
- Loss of faith in RIM deepens as PlayBook debut nears
- Is Android on PlayBook even necessary?
- Linux Journal Insider – May 2011
- Google making more Android changes than just in-app purchases
- Come on, Microsoft, now you’re not even pretending
- Samsung is betting big on Android tablets in the enterprise
- Android Market in-app billing now testing, ready next week
- iPad 2 vs. Motorola XOOM in photos
- Google preps in-app billing, holds-off on releasing Honeycomb source code
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 finally getting Gingerbread update
- Nook Color to Get Apps, Flash Support
- Open source’s UI handicap explains Google’s Honeycomb move
- Oracle’s Sun purchase: Grading the results so far
- RIM’s big bet: Can the PlayBook future proof the company?
- How to sync Firefox 4 to Android
- Apple’s revenue could grow 50% in two years, analysts say
- Google keeping Honeycomb source code on ice, says it’s not ready for other devices
- RIM’s PlayBook will run Android apps
- I bought a Mac. So sue me. – ZDNet (blog)
- RIM opens up BlackBerry PlayBook to support Android apps
- Nook Color Android app store coming in April along with Flash support
- Google begins testing Google Music internally
- Will a New Motorola OS Rival Android and iOS? – PCWorld (blog)
- Motorola Investigates Atrix 4G Voice Issues
- BlackBerry PlayBook Will Run Android Apps
- LG has the devices to join the Android inner circle in 2011
- Mac OS X Turns Ten
- Visualized: preconceived notions about personal computer security
- iRobot debuts ‘throwable’ 110 FirstLook robot
- Zombie PC Prevention Bill to make security software mandatory
- AT&T planning access to Amazon Appstore, sideloading still an open question
- Boxee to release iPad app that streams video to enabled devices
- Microsoft to Windows Phone owners: ‘We can’t guarantee anything’
- Ford Focus Electric hooks up wirelessly with AT&T, incurs jealous looks from T-Mobile
- WebM, H264, Theora Encoder Benchmarks
- Motorola Developing Its Own Operating System?
- Steve Jobs Questioned In iTunes Monopoly Suit
- Does Apple’s iBooks need to go Android?
- Iran linked to attack, fraudulent SSL certs, targeting Google, Skype, Yahoo
- Why Firefox 4 Is Winning the Browser Battle
- Valve’s Gabe Newell hints at possible Steam port to iOS / Android, may be blowing hot air
- Red Hat: Nearing $1 billion in revenue; Not bad for free software
- Macintosh software vet leaves “post-PC era” Apple
- Atrix Review – UberGizmo
- Motorola reportedly working on Android alternative OS
- Second hands on with T-Mobile’s LG G-Slate
- Book Review: Android User Interface Development
- Linux Foundation announces MeeGo Smart TV Working Group, Intel, Nokia and others sign on
- GetJar Survey Shows Android Trumping The iPhone
- 37 Android Patent Lawsuits
- Speculation Over Amazon Android Tablet Mounts
- Mac OS X Maverick Leaving Apple
- The next tablet battleground: The enterprise
- Samsung reboots tablet strategy and beats Apple on price
OK, here’s the story. I have a server here in my local computer, and I want to allow people other than myself to use it. Sounds reasonable right?
So, I setup the server, and verified it’s working at localhost (127.0.0.1). I also verified that it’s working inside of my LAN. My local IP is 192.168.1.105. I’m able to use the server from other machines in the house, so I know that it’s not a local firewall issue.
Here’s my hardware configuration:
I’m on a DSL connection. The DSL modem is a Qwest M1000. This particular one doesn’t have the wireless module in it, so I have a router behind that that’s a Linksys (Cisco) WRT160N. All the computers in the house connect to that router in some fashion.
Internally, the IP of my router is 192.168.1.1. That is, of course, pingable by every computer in the house. The router looks to the DSL modem like it’s 192.168.0.3. This IP is also pingable by all computers. The DSL modem is 192.168.0.1. Again, every computer in the house can ping it.
Because I want to have one of my computers visible to the outside world, I created an entry in the Advanced Port Forwarding section of the DSL modem to point my port (we’ll say it’s 80), to my router. So the entry takes external traffic from 80, points it to the router’s 80. I did the same thing on the router, and pointed it’s 80 to port 80 on the computer. Seems like this is a pretty straight forward process.
But it doesn’t work.
So, I tried opening things up further. I put my router into the DSL modems DMZ, and just said anything coming in from the Internet should go to the router. I configured my PC in the router’s DMZ, saying anything that comes in from the Internet should go to the PC.
Still doesn’t work.
I attempted to contact my service provider (Qwest), and see if there was anything else that they could give me. The exact response: “I don’t know what to tell you.”
Thank you very much.
So, is there anybody out there that can tell me why this isn’t working and what I have to do to get it going? I’d really appreciate it. Right now, everything is locked back down, but this shouldn’t be hard.
With the aid of several brilliant people, we’ve got this whole things figured out. Thank you very much for all of your help Ryan and Jason. I couldn’t have done it without you!
- HTC’s WiFi-only Flyer launching exclusively with Best Buy ‘this spring’
- AT&T Acer Iconia Tab A501 hands-on!
- AT&T to launch Acer Iconia Tab A501 this summer
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs to be deposed
- Motorola will stop building XOOM tablets after June, report claims
- Amazon Launches Appstore for Android Despite Apple
- Why Internet Explorer will survive and Firefox won’t
- T-Mobile Will Offer LG’s G-Slate Tablet for $529.99
- FLOW Android app primes pump for clean water
- Hands on with Samsung’s TouchWiz UX, the first custom Honeycomb UI
- Samsung shows off Galaxy Tabs, prices designed to take on iPad 2
- GetJar: Android will outsell iPhone two-to-one
- Amazon opens app store for Android phones, tablets
- Android Linux FUD Debunked
- If Android Violates Patents, Shouldn’t Microsoft Sue Google?
- Apple patches Pwn2Own flaw in massive Mac OS X update
- IE9 vs Chrome 10 vs Firefox 4 vs Opera 11.01 vs Safari 5 – The BIG browser benchmark!
- Jobs ordered to testify in FairPlay antitrust case
- Windows 8: More information from employee resumes, portfolios, and job ads
- Amazon opens its Android Appstore