- Windows Phone 7 Secret Sauce: Developers
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta To Arrive September 15
- HTC’s Mozart running Windows Phone 7 gets photographed
- Android 2.2 Carries Out Phone Users’ Spoken Orders
- Google Introduces New Android Features
- Chrome to Phone streamlines desktop to phone transfers
- Microsoft to launch IE9 beta on Sept. 15
- Google unveils Android apps for voice, desktop sync
- Will Sony Ericsson go the Android way with rumored PlayStation phone?
- First look: Google’s new Voice Actions for Android
- How to get Android voice control without Froyo
- Google amplifies voice commands for Android phones
- Is Microsoft counting on mobile gaming to save Windows Phone 7?
- Android Rockets Past iPhone on Path To No. 2 Globally
- Apple’s iPhone security fix will block hackers
- Google enhances “Voice Actions” on Android
- Apple Issues iOS Patch To Block Hacker Bonanza
- Google Launches “Chrome to Phone”
- Vista paved the way for secure Windows, Microsoft says
- Report: Special Android gaming phone coming
Archive for August 2010
- Samsung Captivate over-clocked to run at 1.2 GHz
- U.S. Cellular releases second Android device, HTC Desire
- Apple patches security hole in pair of iOS updates
- Patch Fixes SMB Attack That Could Come from Within
- Five-inch Dell Streak goes on sale Friday, $300 with AT&T contract
- Apple releases iOS 4.0.2, plugs jailbreakme.com PDF exploit
- Top 10 Reasons iPhone Users Have More Sex Than Android Fans
- Study: iPhoners Have More Sexual Partners
- Oracle Details Solaris 11, OpenSolaris’ Future Shaky
- Oracle unveils Sparc and Solaris 5-year plan
- Where are Apple fanbois now? Apple becomes most reviled brand on the Net
- Novell takes SUSE Linux to the cloud with Amazon
- Android targeted by malware
- webOS tablet coming from HP in Q1 2011?
- Motorola DROID Android 2.2 updates begin, DROID 2 on sale now
- HTC pushing out Android 2.2 update to those who updated early
- Custom recovery proof of concept for DROID X achieved
- Amazon Looks Beyond Kindle: 4 Devices to Consider
- KDE 4.5 Released
- Linux Foundation Makes Open Source Boring
- KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released
- Microsoft’s Site Picks a Fight with ‘Learning Curve’ Macs
- Dell Streak to go on sale August 13th, $300 on-contract, $550 off-contact
- SMS Trojan Steals From Android Owners
- Droid 2 Arrives on Verizon This Week
- It’s official: Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 lands this week
- Microsoft shows weakness with its anti-Apple campaign
- webOS 1.4.5 update to start hitting handsets today
- Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Motorola DROID 2
- Canonical Starts Tracking Ubuntu OEM Installs
- Verizon, Motorola Introduce Droid 2
- Microsoft Battles Apple in the Wrong Market
- Verizon Roadmap Leak Suggests Android Phones, Tablets Galore
- Motorola Droid Pro with 1.3GHz processor coming to Verizon in fall?
- Motorola DROID 2 does hokey pokey, that’s what it’s all about
- Verizon Wireless’ Motorola DROID 2 guide, features leaked, release confirmed
- Verizon Wireless makes DROID 2 official, online tomorrow, in stores on Thursday
- Why the Verizon iPhone is already too late
- Canonical Begins Tracking Ubuntu Installations
- Linux Foundation launches major open-source license compliance program
– Pity about that whole AT&T thing, but at least it gives people who actually LIKE AT&T a choice of a phone that is actually good. No case required.
– But wait, isn’t that suppose to be impossible??
– I’m still not convinced by anything I’ve seen that iPhone is going to Verizon. Even if it is, too little too late.
- Verizon launches Droid 2 demo page
- Apple says it has patch for remote attack on iPhone, iPad
- Is Motorola Droid 2 on tap this week?
- Weekend iPhone Rumors: Apple ordering “hoards” of CDMA chips, AT&T SEC filing hints at loss of exclusivity?
- Verizon, Google issue joint statement on net-neutrality
- Motorola Droid 2: Your guide to Verizon’s next Android phone
- The iPhone is coming to Verizon, again (Appolicious)
- iPhone head faced “cultural differences” at Apple
- Ubuntu: We Have No Plans to Fork GNOME
- Flash Ported To iOS and iPhone 4
- HTC Desire HD gets videoed, 4.3-inch screen
- Apple iPhone 4 problems: scapegoat Mark Papermaster?
- Dell Streak review
- Kmart Briefly Offers $149 Android Tablet
- Interesting Linux News for the Day – August 9, 2010
- Flash 'Ported' to iPhone
– Let me guess, they’re giving away a free case?
– Don't hold your breath. I've heard nothing about Apple and AT&T renegotiating their exclusivity agreement.
– It’s nice to see that even if Apple refuses to do it, someone will.
- Microsoft Losing Big To Apple On Campus
- Report: Apple executive out after iPhone 4 antenna controversy
- iPhone exec departs Apple after "Antennagate"
- Digg, dug, buried: Linux
- Apple v. Google: One year on…
- Apple "steals" iPhone app ideas and patents them (and lightsabers)
- Is Android worth $10 billion per year to Google or zero? Schmidt and Ballmer disagree.
- Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" Frozen
- Why Android App Security Is Better Than for the iPhone
– Not exactly a surprise.
– Interesting theory.
– We pretty much knew this already.
– Personally, I think I’m going to believe Schmidt over Ballmer.
- Android Phone Sales Outpace iPhone Sales
- AmigaOS Twenty-Five Years of Check-Ins Visualized
- Dish Network to offer live streaming to iOS devices
- Retailers Try, Fail to Prevent In-Store Jailbreaking
- * Apple Loved You Pro Users; Loves Your Money More, Now *
- High Availability With the Linux Distributed Replicated Block Device
- Live Kernel Patches with Ksplice
- ASUS Windows Phone 7 device gets photographed in Pakistan
- Is HP prepping Android-powered, printer-friendly Zeen slate?
- Best Buy accepting preorders for Torch, DROID 2 release date confirmed?
- RIM: Despite Android’s Growth, BlackBerry Still Better
- Motorola employee states Android 2.2 for DROID X due by “early September”
- Nokia EVP tweets: major MeeGo milestone by end of year, no Android, N8 by end of Q3
- Five Ways Android Will Defeat iPhone and BlackBerry
- Apple to fix security hole in iPhone software
- Apple Hater Seeks Roommate in the Big Apple via Craigslist
- How to Get Windows and Linux to Cooperate on the Network
- 25 Years of AmigaOS Development
- Dish (also) wants to turn your smartphone, tablet into a portable TV
- Google: 200,000 Androids sold daily
- Eric Schmidt: Google activating 200,000 Android handsets per diem
- Motorola DROID 2 launching on August 12th?
- Google to keep Nexus One available for developers, a classic never dies
- Android Use Continues Growing as RIM Declines
- Google: 200,000 Android phones sold every day: CEO
- Google phones unseat BlackBerry as US best seller (AFP)
- Two Unpatched Flaws Show Up In Apple iOS
– I gotta say, every time I read this it makes me smile.
– No they didn’t, we’re just holding it wrong.
- 11 Free Linux Apps Your Business Needs Now
- Sony Ericsson AT&T Vivaz page is live
- Google’s Android leads U.S. smartphones
- Verizon, Moto working on Android-powered TV tablet?
- Blackberry OS 6
- RIM blog post gives you advanced look at BlackBerry 6 WebKit browser
- NPD Group: Android top selling smartphone platform in U.S. for Q2
- AT&T pushes Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 through technical acceptance
- Underwhelming BlackBerry spells doom for RIM
- Intrepid Users Find Froyo for the Motorola Droid
- Motorola, Verizon team up to launch TV device: report
- Android sales outpacing iPhone
- RIM unveils new BlackBerry to counter Apple iPhone
- Android Attracts New Subscribers, iPhone Loyalty Still Strong
- Why Linux Is More Secure Than Windows (PC World)
- Most BlackBerry owners want iPhone, Android
- Android Outsells iPhone In Last 6 Months
- Hardware Hackers Reveal Apple's Charger Secrets
- No, Net Neutrality Doesn't Violate the 5th Amendment
- What’S New in Linux 2.6.35
- Who Really Contributes the Most to Linux?
- Microsoft Patches The Critical Windows LNK Vulnerability
- MeeGo for IVI 1.0 Features and Screenshots
- Workstation Benchmarks: Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu Linux
- Apple releases iOS 4.1 beta 3
- Motorola DROID Android 2.2 (Froyo) update ready for manual download
- Firefox May Soon Overtake IE In Europe
- Google phones gaining ground in US smartphone market
- Jailbreak for iPhone 4 just a mobile website away
- Remains of the Day: Lies, damn lies, and market share (Macworld.com)
- Microsoft patches “critical” crack in Windows
– Some good points on why Linux is more secure than Windows.
– Some interesting results.
– Apple, Jack of the PC industry.