- Google’s Android takes No 2 spot from iPhone
- App Industry Roundup: Android overtakes iPhone in key measure (Appolicious)
– Really, if Application developers aren’t paying attention to this, they should be.
- Google’s Android devices now outselling Apple iPhones?
– Interesting chart that shows that really, the ONLY OS showing growth in this market IS Android. All the rest are really stagnant, or declining. Are we seeing the beginning of a new rein?
- HP's Slate To Be Replaced By WebOS Tablet?
– Seems like a stupid decision, but we are talking about HP here.
- Android Outsells iPhone in the US
– This is a direct result of Android being an open OS that can be used on multiple networks and various hardware. Apple sticking to it’s “One Provider, One Network” philosophy is hurting it again. Look for a repeat of the Macintosh/Windows competition if Apple doesn’t change it’s ways.
- Haiku R1/Alpha 2 Released
– Awesome! Another download, waiting for me to get off work!
- Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era (AFP)
– What do you think of this? Has modern media become a diversion away from important issues (keep this one political party neutral, we have enough politics with Operating Systems without bringing Politics into it).
- More Trouble for Apple: Nokia Claims iPad Infringes (NewsFactor)
– I wonder if it ever even occurred to Apple that other companies can sue too. Think they’re surprised that all their lawsuits are coming home to roost?
- Dear Ubuntu: I Have Some Concerns
– I’m not sure I agree with this on all counts, but it’s still a worthy read.