- Slackware 13.1 Released
- Fedora 13 Released
- Android-powered Dell Streak mini-tablet on tap this summer (Ben Patterson)
- * All-Out War: The Computing World's Battle Lines Are Drawn *
- Outlook Lock-in Could Vanish with New Open Source Projects
- Why I Switched from iPhone to Android (PC World)
- AT&T agrees to provide unlocks for all devices minus iPhone
– An interesting device, but I’m not sure about the size. It’s probably to big for a phone, and to small for a tablet/slate. It would be interesting to try one.
– As much as I agree with this, the lines have ALWAYS been drawn. It’s just been a matter of where.
– As much as I’d like to see this happen, I think that the fact that Outlook is part of Office is going to keep it Locked in for a good long while. The computers all have Office, so the computers all have Outlook. Why add another product to the mix when there’s one that works already? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Outlook go the way of the dodo, but I just don’t see it happening right now. Not without a significant challenger to Office in place.
– A very good read detailing why one person switched. If you’re hesitant about the switch, this is a good way to reassure yourself.