- Google’s Android takes No 2 spot from iPhone
- App Industry Roundup: Android overtakes iPhone in key measure (Appolicious)
- Google’s Android devices now outselling Apple iPhones?
- HP's Slate To Be Replaced By WebOS Tablet?
- Android Outsells iPhone in the US
- Haiku R1/Alpha 2 Released
- Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era (AFP)
- More Trouble for Apple: Nokia Claims iPad Infringes (NewsFactor)
- Dear Ubuntu: I Have Some Concerns
– Really, if Application developers aren’t paying attention to this, they should be.
– Interesting chart that shows that really, the ONLY OS showing growth in this market IS Android. All the rest are really stagnant, or declining. Are we seeing the beginning of a new rein?
– Seems like a stupid decision, but we are talking about HP here.
– This is a direct result of Android being an open OS that can be used on multiple networks and various hardware. Apple sticking to it’s “One Provider, One Network” philosophy is hurting it again. Look for a repeat of the Macintosh/Windows competition if Apple doesn’t change it’s ways.
– Awesome! Another download, waiting for me to get off work!
– What do you think of this? Has modern media become a diversion away from important issues (keep this one political party neutral, we have enough politics with Operating Systems without bringing Politics into it).
– I wonder if it ever even occurred to Apple that other companies can sue too. Think they’re surprised that all their lawsuits are coming home to roost?
– I’m not sure I agree with this on all counts, but it’s still a worthy read.