- Canonical Unveils New Ubuntu Design, Themes, Logos
- Ubuntu Desktop In the Cloud
- Where Android beats the iPhone (InfoWorld)
- Google, HTC Respond to Apple Lawsuit
- Apple sues HTC over phones with Google software (Reuters)
– New themes and visuals for Ubuntu. Not sure how I feel about some of their design choices (not that they can’t be changed, which is one of the joys of Linux). More on that later.
– An interesting viewpoint on the Android vs. iPhone comparison.
– I agree with this particular author. I think Apple is afraid. VERY afraid. They see a repeat of Mac OS and Windows coming in the phone market. Their offering becomes a niche where a few hardliners hang out, but where the majority of the population doesn’t go. I think that Apple is right to be worried. They’re employing the same strategy they did in the 80s with their OS, and the same thing is happening. All we have to do is look at the market share of the Macintosh to see where this is going.
– What’s that smell? I’m trying to decide if it’s fear or BS.